Monday, September 19, 2011

Constellations, Wild Things and Pattern Cats

We are back to school and having fun with our artwork!

The 2nd graders have been studying space and they have been creating these beautiful constellation pictures based on the book Zoo in the Sky published by the National Geographic Society.

This first picture is a lovely bird of paradise floating in the sky.

Here we have Draco...

And finally the lovely swan, Cygnus.

This has to be one of my all-time favorite art projects. Every one is so beautiful!
For a copy of my lesson plan follow the following link:
http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=27205

While the 2nd graders were busy creating constellations, the 1st graders were learning how to draw cats with basic shapes. This art project was based on the first story in our basal reader, Sam Come Back! Once we finished drawing our cats, we added pattern! The cute little mouse was a creative touch!

... And the Kindergartner's were having the most fun of all! We read the favorite story, Where the Wild Things Are, and then we created our very own Wild Thing pictures!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I am happy that you are getting back into the swing of things! These projects are wonderful! Keep the updates coming! I am reading!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Bridget! I have been following your posts too! I want to learn how to do your watercolor trees. It looks so beautiful... I wish I had gone to that class! Sometime maybe! :-)